Panoramic views and giant photos visible on three grades of enlargement
© Dr Giuseppe Mazza
The reproduction even partial of the photos without the author’s written permission is forbidden
Monaco Cathedral interior. Eucharistic celebration in the presence of the Archbishop, Monsignor Bernard Barsi
Monaco Cathedral: mosaic with the Virgin Mary and the Child Jesus, sided by Saint Peter and the Prophet Isaiah
The altarpiece of St. Nicholas, visible in the Cathedral ambulatory, was realized in 1500 by Louis Bréa, famous paint Nice master who operated, marking a transition point between the Medieval painting and the Renaissance one.
Under, on the left, close to St. Nicholas, patron of Monaco and bishop of Myra, St. Michael stabs and tramples an evil, half man and half dog, and weighs the souls for the Final Judgement, while St. Stephen, hit by a stone in me- mory of his lapidation, looks towards the beholder. On the right, St. Lawrence with the Roman Church registry, read again before martyrdom, and his torture gridiron, and St. Mary of Magdala, with her box of ointment for the Christ.
On the sides, to the left, St. Barbara, St. Bernard, St. Clare of Assisi and St. Devote. To the right, St. Brigid, we do not know quite well if of Ireland or Sweden, St. Blaise of Sivas, St. Margaret with in her hand the cross utilized in prison just in order to send away Satan, in the shape of a dragon, and St. Julia, patron of Corsica along with St. Devote.
Upwards, on the sides of the Holy Sepulchre of Christ, St. John the Baptist, the Archangel Gabriel with the Annun- ciation to the Virgin Mary, and an unusual portray of St. Anne, ideally holding in her arms Mary and the Child.
Monaco Cathedral: the White Penitents “Pietà” painted by François Bréa around 1500-1505
Monaco-Ville: the Chapel of Visitation
Monaco-Ville: Madonna and Child, oil painting on canvas, by Simone Cantarini (1612-1648)
Monte Carlo: Saint Charles church and Boulevard des Moulins
Monte Carlo: the statue of Saint Charles decorating the church entrance
Monte Carlo: the interior of Saint Charles church
Monaco: Saint Devote statue by Cyril de La Patellière and church
Triptych of St. Devote painted by Louis Brea in 1517 conserved in Dolceacqua St. Antonio Abate church